This Website and the Services are intended for U.S. residents only.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We help consumers shop for insurance, discounted health plans and other products by connecting consumers with insurance companies, insurance agents, discount program representatives and vendors who also help match consumers with insurance providers and other third parties (“Service Providers”). We collect your personally identifiable information, which means any information that can identify you as an individual, when you submit information to the Website. The personally identifiable information we collect includes, but is not limited to, your first and last name, home address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, income, and driver’s license information. We may also collect information about your driving history, the type of automobile you drive, your home ownership history, and certain health information such as health conditions, and whether you have been treated by a doctor for a major health condition.
We use personally identifiable information to deliver our products and services to you (including matching you with Service Providers); to display customized content and advertising; to conduct research and analysis; to ensure that the Website is functioning properly; to aid us in developing new services; to alert you to product updates, special offers, updated information and other new services; to contact you in response to your requests for information; to send newsletters and other information to you; to provide you quotes from Service Providers who may contact you using the information you provide; and to obtain additional information needed from you.
We may also gather certain information automatically when you visit the Website. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date and time of visit, Internet tags, device type, and clickstream data and other activities on the Website. We may combine this automatically collected information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, and to improve marketing, analytics, and Website functionality. We and our marketing partners, affiliates, and analytics and service providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts to collect this data. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. You can set your browser to reject cookies. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Website, but your ability to use some features or areas of our site may be limited. Further, we may aggregate information we receive from you and from our other users, and we may use or disclose such aggregate information to third parties.
Sharing Of Personal Information
- Generally. When you provide personally identifiable information to us, we share your information with Service Providers to provide you with the quotes you requested and for Service Providers to contact you for informational, advertising and marketing purposes. Service Providers and others with whom we may share your personally identifiable information may contact you with a quote by email, telephone, text message, postal mail, or other forms of communication. Further, these Service Providers and third parties may share your personally identifiable information and automatically collected data with other third parties, without restriction. Those third parties may also share your data with other third parties.
- With our Corporate Affiliates. We share the information we collect on the Website with our subsidiaries, corporate affiliates, and related companies.
- Vendors and Suppliers. We share the information we collect on the Website with our vendors and service providers for the purpose of verifying data and where such access is incidental to their providing us services, such as phone number verification services and email service providers.
- As Required by Law. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with a legal or judicial proceeding or court order.
- Merger or Sale of Company. If we should ever file for bankruptcy or have our assets sold to or merged with another entity, information that we receive from you through this website may be treated as an asset of the Company and may be transferred to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your Consent to Text Message and Telephone Marketing
By submitting your telephone number on the Website, you expressly authorize us and Service Providers and their agents and partner companies to contact you, at the telephone number you provide, with informational and marketing messages and telephone calls including those sent via automated telephone dialing system, text messages, SMS, MMS, picture messages, live and prerecorded telephone calls, including on landlines and wireless numbers, even if the phone number you provide is on a corporate, state or national Do Not Call list. Your consent is not required to purchase goods or services. Message & data rates may apply. You may revoke your consent at any time by contacting us at: https://www.insurednation.com/contact Or by writing to us at .
Third Party Sites
When you submit information to us, you agree to receive email, fax, telephone, text messages and other forms of communications from or on behalf of us and third parties with whom we share your personally identifiable information. If you would like to opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing material from us in the future, please follow the opt-out instructions located at the bottom of each promotional or marketing email communication, or email us at. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing messages from us, you may continue to receive messages concerning any transaction you make with us or comments or inquiries you submit to us.
If you would like to opt-out of having your information shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may write to us at. If you do not wish to receive communications from any person or entity with whom we have shared your information for their marketing purposes, you must contact them directly.
To direct us not to make any sale of information (where applicable) that we have collected or will collect about you, please send an email to.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities, please see the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section below.
Digital Advertising and Website Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on our behalf and others’ on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the websites and other websites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. We use Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how Do Not Track should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
Changes and Updates
Nevada Privacy Rights
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us not to make certain disclosures of personal information we maintain about them. To exercise this right, please contact us:
- By email at
- Online at https://www.insurednation.com/contact
Print this page
This section contains disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies only to “personal information” that is subject to the CCPA. Consumers with disabilities may access this notice by contacting us atand requesting assistance.
Personal Information We Collect, Disclose for a Business Purpose, Sell and Share.
We collect the categories of personal information about California consumers identified in the chart below. As further set forth in the chart below, in the past 12 months, we have disclosed and sold California consumers’ personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes
|Categories of Personal Information||Collected in the last 12 months:||Categories of sources from which information is collected:||Business and commercial purposes for collecting, using, selling, and sharing:||Disclosed for business purposes to the following categories of third parties in the last 12 months:||Sold to and shared with the following categories of third parties in the last 12 months:|
|Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers)||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Categories of information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code (such as physical characteristics or description, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information)||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race or gender)||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Commercial or transactions information (such as records of personal property or products or services purchased, obtained or considered)||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement)||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Geolocation Data||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Professional or employment-related information||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Education information||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
|Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above||Yes||All categories of sources listed below.||All purposes listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.||All categories of third parties listed below.|
Categories of Sources. We collect this personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Service providers;
- Our commercial purposes, including marketing, advertising, and enabling and promoting commercial transactions.
Our business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services (for us or our service providers) such as account servicing, processing orders and payments, and analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time uses.
Third Parties Who Receive California Personal Information.
We disclosed within the last 12 months, and currently disclose, the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below for business purposes:
- Service providers;
- Advertising networks;
- Internet service providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Operating systems and platforms;
- Social networks; and
- Consumer data resellers
We sold within the last 12 months, and currently sell, the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below:
- Advertising/marketing companies;
- Advertising networks;
- Automotive companies;
- Business services/agencies;
- Business to business companies;
- Communication services companies;
- Marketing data companies;
- Data analytics providers;
- Operating systems and platforms;
- Consumer data resellers;
- Financial services companies;
- Home and automobile insurance companies;
- Lifestyle & interest product companies;
- Publishing product companies;
- Technology/computer software companies;
- Telecommunications companies;
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information. California residents have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared or sold personal information;
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
- The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information. Please note that if you opt out of certain types of sales, we will be unable to provide you with the services that rely on such sales.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by insurednation.com for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
- By email at .
- Online at Your Right To Know – Data Demand
Verification Process and Required Information. We might need to request information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We require you to provide, at a minimum, your first and last name, email address, city, zip code, and telephone number in order to verify your identity and honor your request. If we cannot successfully verify your identity, or if the information would be too sensitive to disclose, we may not be able to provide the personal information to you.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf by providing them written permission to submit a request. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we will require the agent to submit proof of your written authorization by email atas well as your verification details, including your first and last name, email address, city, zip code, and telephone number. We may request additional information to verify the request.
Minors under 16 Years of Age. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.